We’ve been looking for an essential oils expert to have on Addicted to Fitness for quite some time, which is why we’re super excited to share this episode with you. On this week’s show we speak with public speaker, public health researcher and author of The Healing Power of Essential Oils Eric Zielinski D.C.
Dr. Z’s goal as an essential oil & biblical health expert is to help people realize that they can can live a toxic free life with the help of essential oils. Below are a few highlights from our conversation, but make sure you listen to the entire interview to learn how essential oils may help you avoid chronic metabolic conditions, improve athletic performance and detoxify your home.
- Dr. Z fed his fitness addiction by playing beach volleyball (see pic from his Instagram above) & followed it up with some weight training, which he’s trying to do more often since he’s incredibly busy
- He experienced a lot of illnesses/ailments as a child including a stuttering disorder brought on anxiety
- His teens & early 20s included smoking several packs of cigarettes a day & self medicating his depression with drugs Discovered Christianity at 23 and changed perception of proper health
- Discovered the power of essential oils from his wife – thought of them as “smelly stuff” – had a client request a report on the therapeutic efficacy of essential oils and learned the beneficial aspects of these plant-based oils – inspired him to go aromatherapy school
- What oils can help someone get over a common cold? Respiratory support oils – rosemary, eucalyptus, peppermint
- Dr. Z also commented on how beneficial peppermint can be to athletes – helps open up airways – pick up an aromatherapy inhaler on Amazon – you can use it with any essential oil to improve mood, immunity and/or athletic performance
Learn more about how essential oils can detoxify your home & life at healingpowerofessentialoils.com
- Why essential oils over medication? Essentially no side effects when using essential oils, except for the occasional allergy, compared to prescription medicines
- He is a big proponent of Biblical/Ancient healthcare because he believes that modern conveniences can contribute to health problems (e.g. cell phones are super convenient but the EMF may cause long-term health problems & modern farming techniques increase yield but cause greater environmental degradation)
- Hard for people to give up convenience, which is why they need to be educated on their negative side effects
- Offering a free toxic free home tutorial on his website – took 15 years of working with essential oils for him to develop this program but believes that with “small wins” you can detoxify your home
- Dr. Z recommendation: store-bought hand sanitizers can screw with your skin microbiome – use grain alcohol, essential oils, aloe and witch hazel to make your own (listen to get the complete recipe)
- He also believes living a toxic-free lifestyle includes eating a toxic-free diet: include foods high in “bio-active” compounds (antioxidants, polyphenols, omega fatty acids) – wide variety of fruit, veggies, legumes, and wild caught fish & game –
- He also states that no one diet fits all but our current way of eating isn’t working – will go into more detail on diet in his new book The Essential Oils Diet (scheduled for release in 2019)
- Dr. Z recommendation: ditch energy drinks – cites multiple scientific studies that state that their ingredients can contribute to chronic health conditions like cancer
- A final piece of advice – Don’t settle for anything but best. Just believe
You can learn more helpful information from Dr. Z by visiting his website drericz.com. Another way you can learn to use essential oils to improve your health is by buying his book The Healing Power of Essential Oils. Visit healingpowerofessentialoils.com to find out how you can get your hands on this awesome resource.
Don’t forget to check out our Shop page for several ATF approved Amazon products and links to the podcast’s great affiliates Stick Mobility and The Hemp & Coffee Exchange. Last but not least, please give the podcast a rating and review in iTunes or the Apple Podcasts app. Presh!
Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/…/addicted-to-fitnes…/id1121420986…