It’s official, our Shop page on addictedtofitnesspodcast.com is up at last! If you’re like us, then you want to buy products that you know have been carefully vetted and are endorsed by people you trust. Well, that is exactly what you can find on our Shop page. These are only those products which we give the ATF stamp of approval on. Click through our site if you’re interested in purchasing those or any items Stick Mobility or Amazon products*.
*These are affiliate links and help to generate a little funding for the show. So if you want to support us, shop through our links.
Listeners Talk Back
A couple shoutouts this week. First off, thanks to the great guys from Stick Mobility who shared the Addicted to Fitness episode that featured their co-founder Dennis Dunphy, several times, helping to generate a bunch of likes and comments from their fans.
This leads us to our second shoutout to new listener, Alistair N. who gets a gold star for sharing a review (5 stars no less!) on both our Facebook page and in iTunes/Apple Podcasts!
Shannon shares the reason she is sounding so sexy. She’s been battling a cold all week and working hard to kick it. Some of the ways she’s been trying to support her system:
- Staying away from foods that produce more mucous (sexy right?) namely dairy and sugar
- Skipping out on inflammatory foods like carbohydrates (processed & complex) and certain fruits and veggies (nightshades, tomatoes)
- Double-downing on probiotics and decaffeinated beverages like herbal tea & golden lattes (anti-inflammatory properties)
Nick has also been under weather, which means much more decaf tea than coffee this past week, which is HUGE for him. Thankfully he was also able to aid his recovery with a massage from Restore Me Massage Therapy from Seminole Heights Florida.
Non-Dairy Milk Options Have EXPLODED!
Given efforts to stay clear of dairy, our interest fell on a renewed search for non-dairy milks this week and the list of available options have soared since last we discussed the topic! We came across this list from Food & Wine article which taste tested 15 different types of non-dairy milks including:
- Peanut, rice, 2 types of pea protein, cashew, brown rice, soy, coconut, hazelnut, banana, walnuts, almond, flax, oat, and macadamia
Listen to find out the types we’re more interested in trying in the future.
Seed Milk Taste Test
There are three main categories for non-dairy milks: plant, seed and nut. Shannon sought out recipes she could make at home in a pinch and made (used the recipe of 1 cup seeds + 3 cups water; liquifed in the blender for 3 minutes) our first ever seed milk using hemp seeds. We then blended up some sunflower milk as well.
Listen for the full review, but a quick look at our review:
Hemp Milk (1.5 tbsp of hemp seeds contains 7g fat, 1g carbs, 4g protein):
- Smells nutty & grassy at the same time – Nick said the smell reminded him of celery;
- Consistency was somewhat thin but not transparent
- Contains visible pieces of the shell;
- Taste was mild yet nutty taste and coats the mouth
Sunflower Milk (¼ cup of sunflower seeds contain 12g of fat, 7g of carbs, 6g of protein):
- Smells exactly like sunflower seeds which Nick and Shannon agree reminds them of summer
- Much thicker consistency (oil from the seeds actually separates in the container);
- Milder flavor than the hemp
- Smoothie-like feeling in the mouth; almost have to chew it
Give us a rating & review, visit addictedtofitnesspodcast.com and check out our new shop page
- Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/addicted-to-fitness-podcast/id1121420986?mt=2
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1T0QDOgj8BcocK8guEShka?si=zAegvs-NRee34LLrgPUe3g
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/nick-burch-702220833/hemp-sunflower-seed-milk-taste